March 20, 2020
As you are aware, the impact of the global pandemic caused by COVID-19 continues to rapidly evolve. Safety is a core value for CHS and includes a focus on the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers and owners, and the communities in which we live and work.
We understand that spring is here, and we want to emphasize; we are open for business. We are simply adjusting some protocols. CHS has implemented the following changes effective Friday March 20, 2020, until further notice:
- We are limiting access at all locations. We respectfully ask you to contact us through phone or email whenever possible. Staff that can work remotely have been asked to do so and will be available via phone or e-mail.
- If you need a grain check, please contact us. We can mail it or arrange for a convenient time for you to pick it up.
- All visitors, vendors and drivers to our office will be required to complete a questionnaire before entering our facilities. We are also asking all staff, visitors, vendors and drivers to adhere to the 6-foot distance recommended by the CDC to reduce virus spread.
- For in-home propane leak checks, inspections or service; customers will be asked to complete a simple screening questionnaire prior to any CHS employee providing in-home service work.
- We have restricted face-to-face meetings. Our sales staff will conduct business via phone, text or email. As a company that prides itself on the relationships we have built, this will be a difficult change. However, face-to-face meetings pose a greater risk for everyone involved. If you need to conduct critical business that requires an in-person meeting, please call for an appointment to confirm access to the facility and availability of staff.
- We ask you to call ahead for product pickup whenever possible, our team will ensure that everything is ready to load upon your arrival.
- For those customers or vendors delivering grain or picking up products, we ask that you limit your time in the office to essential business. At some locations, we are asking drivers to remain in their cab. Please check our location policies or watch for information and direction upon arrival.
- Our convenience stores remain open. The delis and eat-in areas are closed. The A&W restaurant in Ogallala is drive-through only.
We will adjust our practices as necessary in the coming days, weeks or months. Rest assured, it is our commitment that we will continue to provide excellent service and support throughout this unprecedented time, even if we must do it differently. We value your business, your trust in CHS and appreciate your understanding during this time. We look forward to resuming normal interactions as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.